Finally: Theresa May has just announced her resignation for the 07th of June! Here are her statements:
- I have done everything to implement the Brexit vote.
- I did everything I could to win the Members of Parliament over to my Brexit deal.
- I’m very sad that I couldn’t realize the Brexit.
- remain Prime Minister until a new one is found
- Brexit can only succeed if all parties are willing for compromises
- I go without resentment
The British pound reacts very little – but what happens to the Brexit is more uncertain than ever…